Thursday, September 16, 2021

Artemis F

ZINGO!! {FTF} at dusk.

I heard two things at Club UFO yesterday that made this FTF possible: (1) it was as yet unclaimed and (2) a hint from the CO about how to solve the puzzle. Within half an hour of getting back to my desk from lunch, I had found the means to decode the message and was happily substituting letters for—hmm, what are they? Runes? Hieroglyphs? Ancient emoji?

Anywho, eventually got a solution that made sense and pasted it into the checker. Buzz, wrong! What?! I checked my work. Buzz! I found another key in case the first one was misprinted and checked my work again. Buzz! (Yes, I pasted my solution multiple times despite not actually changing anything…silly me). Maybe the checker’s on the fritz? I entered my solution as a waypoint in Cachly; fairly certain I wouldn’t need to be in the middle of the South Pacific to find this cache, I checked over my work again. And S L O W L Y this time. Then I saw what caused the error. After a single adjustment, I got a green light on the checker. Woohoo!!

I made the trek to GZ tonight after work. Lots of bugs and weeds! But I found it and the log was blank! I’ve said it before, and I’m sure I’ll say it again… ZINGO!!

Thank you, Benttandem. God bless! 2 Corinthians 5:21

~ myrthman, AKA NtN065

GC9G0Y0

No comments:

Post a Comment