Monday, October 17, 2022

TX Sports are TUBE-ular #8

2TF by less than 5 minutes!! 😫

Tomorrow, I’m going to a friend’s son’s football game. Over the weekend, I ordered a needed work shirt in the team’s color: two stones with one bird. Or something. I left work downtown around 6:00 to drive 15 minutes to pick it up. While I was signing for my order, this cache popped into my inbox. Fun! But on my way out of the store, I spotted a shirt that was a much closer match to the team’s color. Same brand, same price… should be a quick exchange, right? Nope. Their system was snoozing and it took several minutes for it to process the information. I thanked the clerk for the second time and checked to see if the new cache had been found. Nope! FTF still available!! Off I went… essentially back downtown.

As I approached GZ, my focus on my phone’s compass, I became aware of footsteps approaching from right in front of me. Not wanting to be the guy who runs into someone because he’s staring at his phone, I looked up, prepared to step to the side. I glimpsed high heels and a business skirt and suit. “How odd that someone else is in work clothes at this park,” I thought. Then my eyes met hers. Recognition mixed with delight but was quickly replaced by disappointment. The FTF was gone, for smiling at me was Ca$hQueen, walking back to her car. “Bummer! But it’ll make a fun story.” Indeed. We exchanged pleasantries before moving on, she to her geomobile, I to the cache where I quickly signed and replaced it. If only I had ordered the right shade of purple!! Oh well.

Thank you, FeralDragon2000. God bless! 2 Corinthians 5:21

~ myrthman, AKA NtN065 #2864

GCA127N

1 comment:

  1. Ca$hQueen's log:
    Woo hoo!! FTF 18:43! More later!
    It’s later…
    I had a full day of troubleshooting at my office and by some small chance, I saw my email alert as I exited my office garage heading toward home with a right turn - “right” into traffic. I had already reported that I had just left the office and jokingly asked, “What’s for dinner?”. I didn’t get a reply, and frustrated by the standstill traffic, I made a decision to make a U-turn and head in the direction of GZ. It was only 3.2 miles away, “as the crow flies”, but would be a 15-minute drive. Thankfully, my GPS took me on a route that was free of traffic and I was happy to see ample parking close to GZ. I took the path closer to the baseball practice, but no one was paying me too much mind. I took the hint and kept my gaze in that direction. For a bit there, I thought I was going NUTS, but realized this was the more “valley girl” series of this CO. I had to put everything in my hands down on the ground (keys, pens, phone) to properly handle the prize. Took care of the tasks of logging and memorializing, returning the cache to its original position, when I see a vehicle park along the street. I almost froze, but then figured they must be concentrating on parking and I proceeded with completing my task and retrieved my belongings from the ground. I started walking back to my car, when. I see a familiar gentle giant emerge from his car. Would he be happy to see me? Yes and no? 🫢. On the one hand, it pained me to see his gesture of disappointment - I’ve been there many a time. On the other hand, it gave me the delight only an FTF pursuer knows. 🥳
    We had a quick chat and I left him to his 2TF as I headed home. And guess what? Dinner was ready!
    Win-win for me!
    TFTFTF and geo-fun (especially writing this log), FeralDragon2000!
    This is my FTF #262!

    ReplyDelete