Thursday, August 6, 2020

Tarryall

Howdy from Houston! I’ve been camping in Como all week with a bunch of other dads. I wanted to do something special on our last full day here, so I thought I’d grab Colorado’s oldest. And, bonus! It’s less than an hour away!

The myrthmobile is equipped with 4WD but I’ve never really put it to the test like this “road” did. Wow! I took my time to make sure I didn’t bottom out or blow a tire. At one point, someone on a dirt bike zipped past me like I was standing still. Hmm...maybe I was. I made it to about 0.4 mile from GZ and decided not to risk getting stuck. I parked and hoofed it the rest of the way.

While signing the logbook, a hummingbird alighted nearby. I said, “Hello,” and it buzzed away. Such a nice welcome! This is a great spot and on a beautiful day too! Thanks for maintaining this over the years. It’s a real treat to find one so old in such good shape.

God bless! 2 Corinthians 5:21

~ myrthman, AKA NtN065

GC18

No comments:

Post a Comment