I was at the event tied to this cache’s publication, but I wasn’t able to escape with the FTF group for some reason ๐ I worked the numbers later and got coords that worked mathematically.
Several weeks later, after HeyThereDlilah dropped me off at GZ—so we didn’t have to pay to park—I found exactly nothing that could match the hint. HTD picked me back up, and I made note that those coords were wrong.
Today, another several weeks later, I had an opportunity to look at the puzzle again. I spent over an hour in the myrthmobile, in the park near another of the CO’s hides, trying and retrying to get the second checksum to align. I don’t know where I was going wrong but it never happened. I TACO’d. I tried again to sort through the filters and numbers at the GC website. And again. I finally resorted to using AI to get possible combinations of numbers and, by process of elimination based on the rules for mystery caches, found a single solution that matched the math and seemed likely on the map—because, you see, I was at the event tied to this cache’s publication, and I knew about how long the FTF group had been gone.
At some point I had texted sydtam for help; he got back to me right as I pulled up to my last solution. Turns out that was wrong too ๐ฉ⁉️ Copilot failed me. I used his coords and then was FINALLY able to put ink to paper. As an aside, I think the same dude sydtam mentioned being at GZ when he found the cache was there again today. Maybe ๐คท♂️
I still can’t get the numbers I find to work, so I think I’ll turn in my puzzle cacher’s card. Heck, I may retire from geocaching altogether. Just kidding. I think. Maybe?
Thank you, Ca$hQueen, for the mental exercise and the fun story. God bless! Ephesians 2:8-9
Wandering but not lost,
myrthman (NtN065)
Houston, Texas, USA
#4258
No comments:
Post a Comment